Ingredients for the lemon garlic butter:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Zest from one lemon
Ingredients for the chicken:
- 4 boneless, skin-on chicken breasts
- Fresh thyme and rosemary to taste
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch circles
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch circles
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved
- 2 lemons, cut into sixths
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make lemon garlic butter by mixing all of ingredients in small bowl until combined. Chill until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Gently loosen skin of the chicken. Add generous tablespoon of lemon garlic butter under skin, spread on surface, sprinkle thyme and rosemary underneath skin. Add vegetables to prepared pan. Drizzle chicken and vegetables with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and skin is crisp. Remove chicken and place on plate. Toss vegetables to coat with melted butter. Serve with chicken.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!