- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup canned, no-salt-added navy or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned, low-sodium, no-sugar-added whole tomatoes, drained
- 4 cups washed, ready-to-eat spinach
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce crumbled, reduced-fat feta cheese (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dry roasted, no-salt-added pistachios
- 2 slices low-sodium whole-grain bread
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, zucchini, celery and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes until vegetables soften.
- Add vegetable broth, water, beans, and tomatoes. Break up the tomatoes with the edge of a cooking spoon. Bring soup to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and thyme. Cook until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute. Add pepper. Ladle into 2 bowls and sprinkle feta cheese and pistachio nuts on top.