- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups frozen southern-style hash browns
- 8 oz. Italian sausage, cooked, sliced or 6 fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, optional
- 1 cup red, yellow or green peppers, sliced small
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- ADD potatoes; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- ADD sausage, mushrooms, if desired, and peppers; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile BEAT eggs, milk, salt and oregano in medium bowl until blended. REDUCE heat to medium.
- POUR eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner. CONTINUE cooking until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- SPRINKLE with cheese.REMOVE from heat; cover pan. LET STAND until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!