- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 package (16 ounces) Italian all natural ground sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 large container chunky pasta sauce
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped and packed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Sauté Italian sausage, onion and garlic in a skillet until sausage is browned; drain.
- Add pasta sauce to the sausage mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend ricotta cheese, egg and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Coat a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom.
- Top with 3 lasagna noodles.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer on 1 cup of the sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of spinach and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat this whole process 3 more times starting with the noodles; top with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese to finish.
- Bake uncovered in 350° oven for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!