- 1 cup plus
- 2 heaping tablespoons cake flour
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- 1¾ cups egg whites, warmed (14 to 16 eggs)
- 2 tablespoons water pinch of salt
- 2½ teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, preferably white
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Sift a larger amount of flour, and from it measure 1 cup plus 2 heaping tablespoons.
- Blend flour with ½ cup of sugar, and sift combination four times.
- Set aside. Beat egg whites, water and salt until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and extracts; continue beating until egg mixture is light and thick.
- Add remaining sugar gradually while incorporating with a wire whip. Sift flour mixture into batter in four intervals, and use wire whip to incorporate.
- Continue incorporating until batter is well blended.
- Pour into UNGREASED angel food cake pan, and bake 50 minutes at 350 F.
- When done, invert cake pan and position pegs onto three sturdy supports, such as coffee cups.
- Allow cake to cool completely, upside down, before removing from pan.