- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 7 black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1 pint whipping cream
- sour cream and picante sauce, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Sprinkle the cheese onto the pie crust.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and sauté the onion, green pepper, garlic, tomato, olives, and corn until tender. Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper and stir to blend.
- Spread the vegetables over the cheese in the pie crust.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until frothy, add the cream and beat to blend. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the eggs are firm in the center. Let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with dollops of sour cream mixed with picante sauce.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!