Makes 2 sandwiches
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12-15 small brown mushrooms, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup kale leaves, stemmed and chopped
- Pinch of red pepper flakes Kosher salt
- 4 slices garlic sourdough bread
- 8 slices Baby Swiss Cheese
- Heat a medium-sized skillet to medium high, add 1 tablespoon butter and heat to melt. Add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes then add onion and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes and then add kale and red pepper flakes and sauté until onion is translucent and kale has softened. Season with kosher salt and remove from heat.
- Spread butter on 1 side of each slice of bread, then stack buttered sides together. Layer 2 slices Baby Swiss on top of bread stack, then add kale and mushroom mixture then 2 more slices of Baby Swiss. Place bread buttered side down in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Cover with lid and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Reduce heat to medium and flip sandwich to other side and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bread is toasty golden and cheese has melted. The second side will cook faster than the first so watch carefully. Repeat with next sandwich.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!