- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Shredded Wheat, crushed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Additional ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a 1-quart glass container, layer the flour mixture, sugar, brown sugar, oats, walnuts, cereal and cranberries.
- Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, beat the butter, egg, water and vanilla until blended.
- Add cookie mix and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!