You can find the gift tag for this recipe and others here.
- 3 onion bouillon cubes, crushed
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/3-cup instant onion flakes
- 2 dashes pepper
- Put all ingredients in a glass jar
- Attach these Instructions:
You will need:
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Empty into a pot and gradually stir in water and butter. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer 20 minutes. Ladle soup into ovenproof bowls, sprinkle with croutons or toasted bread. Then top with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Briefly put bowls under a broiler to melt cheese. Serve. Makes 4 1-cup servings.
- Onion Dip: Mix one package onion soup mix with 2 cups sour cream. Chill before serving.