Onion Soup with Cheese
Originally published on February 16, 1945.
- 4 large onions
- 4 Tbsp. butter or other fat
- 4 cups meat stock
- Croutons or squares of toast
- Brown finely sliced onions in butter or other fat.
- Add the meat stock, or bouillon cubes, and boil the soup until the onions are tender.
- Just before serving, float toast rounds on top of the soup and sprinkle cheese over them. A cheese such as Parmesan is recommended.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!