- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425°. In a large baking dish, toss red potatoes with half the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme and half the salt. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 20 minutes. Mix in the asparagus, remaining olive oil and remaining salt. Cover and continue cooking 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Increase oven temperature to 450°. Remove foil and continue cooking 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes are lightly browned. Season with pepper to serve.
Recipe provided by Utah State University Extension.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!