Source: Ohio Dept. of Agriculture
- 1 24-inch baguette, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 brown sugar, packed and divided
- 1 pecans, toasted
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups strawberries
- maple syrup
- Spray 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange baguette slices in baking dish in one layer.
- In mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and 3/4 cup brown sugar; pour evenly over bread slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle toasted pecans and strawberries over bread. Melt butter and remaining brown sugar together until butter is melted. Drizzle over bread mixture and bake 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!