Submitted by: Rick Tytko of Brecksville, Ohio
- 1 1/2 C. All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 C. Canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 C. Vegetable oil
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin- pie spice
- 1 1/4 C. Plus 1T. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 12 foil or paper muffin liners
- a muffin pan with 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Put liners in muffin cups. Whisk together flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until smooth, then whisk in flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir together the cinnamon and remaining 1 T. Sugar in another bowl.
- Divide batter among muffin cups (each should be about 3/4 full), then sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins from pan and cool to warm or room temperature.