- (1) 8 -10 pound wild goose
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon
Directions To Make Stuffing:
- Melt butter in large skillet, add rice, onion, celery.
- Sauté until rice is lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Add water, bouillon, parsley and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender (add water if rice sticks).
- Set aside to cool.
- When stuffing is cool enough to handle, fill and truss cleaned goose.
- Place in roasting pan, breast side up.
- Cover breast with bacon slices and roast 25 minutes per pound, basting often.