Savory Corn Fritters
- 1 1/4 cups sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup Full-fat Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
- 3 Eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 Scallion, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Peppe
- In a large bowl combine corn, cornmeal, yogurt, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1 egg yolk, scallion, salt and pepper. Mix just until combined.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold egg whites into corn mixture. Discard remaining yolks.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil. When hot, spoon four heaping tablespoons of batter into the skillet to make four fritters. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes; flip gently and allow to cook through, about 2 more minutes. Transfer to serving dish and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!