Spinach Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- 6 oz. fresh spinach
- 2 medium Italian plum (Roma) tomatoes (sliced crosswise)
- 1/4 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp. imitation bacon bits
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds (dry-roasted)
- 2 tsp. olive oil (extra virgin preferred)
- 2 medium green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- In a large serving bowl, make one layer each, in order, of the spinach, tomatoes, goat cheese, bacon bits and almonds. In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the green onions for 1 to 2 minutes, or until almost soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remaining dressing ingredients. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the brown sugar is dissolved and the mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally. Pour over the salad.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!