- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cream corn
- 3 cups fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Whisk cream cheese until very soft and smooth. Add cream corn, corn, cornmeal, onion, milk, butter, egg, sugar, salt, pepper, thyme and cayenne pepper. Mix in half of cheese.
- Pour into prepared dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.