Submitted by: Lynne Almasy, Week Three’s Reader’s Kitchen 2016 Winner
Ingredients for the salad:
- 2 med. cans pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can pears cut up and drained
- 1 can apricots, cut up and drained
- 1 lb. red grapes, cut in half and seeded
- 1 lb. bag marshmallows cut in half
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 4 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
Directions for the salad:
- Spray scissors with PAM and use to cut marshmallows in half. Mix all salad ingredients together.
Directions to make the dressing:
- In a double boiler place egg yolks, water, dry mustard, white vinegar and sugar. Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- When cool, mix with fruit. Whip 1/2 pint whipping cream, and fold into fruit and dressing.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Note: No Thanksgiving would be complete without this salad. This was my Grandma Plumeret’s recipe.