- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons grated orange rind
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix in butter and eggs.
- Add chocolate chips, nuts and orange rind and mix thoroughly (batter will be stiff).
- Drop by Tablespoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: Approximately 3 ½ dozen cookies
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!