Ask FSA Andy about filing a notice of loss

FSR drought forage

Hello Again,

April is starting to be looking good for producers. Warmer temperatures with plenty of moisture. Let’s hope this spring keeps being good to us.

It’s important to file a CCC-576 for Prevented Planting acres. Filing a Notice of Loss, CCC-576, is used to report failed acreage and prevented planting and may be completed by any producer with an interest in the crop.

Timely filing a Notice of Loss is required for all crops including grasses.

For losses on crops covered by the Non-Insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program and crop insurance, you must file a CCC-576, Notice of Loss, in the FSA county office within 15 days of the occurrence of the disaster or when losses become apparent.

If filing for prevented planting, an acreage report and CCC-576 must be filed within 15 calendar days of the final planting date for the crop.

Save time

To ensure maximum use of your time and to ensure that you are afforded our full attention to your important business needs, call our office ahead of your visit to set an appointment and to discuss any records or documentation that you may need to have with you when you arrive for your appointment.

With new computer software and policy changes, it takes more time to update your records. So please give us a call.

That’s all for now,

FSA Andy


Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!



We are glad you have chosen to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that comments are moderated according to our comment policy.

Receive emails as this discussion progresses.