It’s show time, a sure sign that winter is on the slide, daylight is returning, and a new year of outdoor sports will emerge from its snow covered den eventually. Here are some early dates to keep in mind. Search each show’s website for times, locations, prices and details.
• The Mid-American Boat and Fishing Show is first on the marquee, running Jan. 13-22 at the IX Center. The boat show, always popular with boat shoppers and boaters in general, and the undisputed kickoff of the new model year, is sponsored by the Lake Erie Marine Trades Association.
• Now get this; Jan. 19-22 and also housed at the IX Center is the Cleveland Outdoor Adventure Show by Erie Promotions. That’s right; the two shows will be featured at the same time at the same place. Wear your sneakers to this double event.
• But there is more! Travel the short distance to Dalton, Ohio’s Buckeye Event Center to visit the Northeast Ohio Sportsman Show Jan. 20-21.
This show has jumped around the last couple of years looking for the right home but it continually puts on a nice event with plenty of celebs, entertainment, and interesting outdoor products and adventures.
• The biggest and best of them all, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show is set for Feb. 4-12, 2012 in Harrisburg, Pa. The show, the largest of its type held in North America, fills the nearly 650,000-square foot Pa. State Farm Complex, an expansive village of connected exhibit buildings, arenas, and other covered spaces featuring 1200 exhibitors from every corner of the world.
This year, promoters are growing the show even more by bringing in the outdoor industry’s most popular celebs and adding even more gun makers to the mix. This an awesome event, a must- see for the serious outdoorsman.
• Next up is the Columbus Sport, Vacation, and Boat Show to be held Feb. 9-12 at the Ohio Expo Center on the state fairgrounds, just off of I-71. Promoter Chip Hart has partnered with LEMTA to grow the boat show section of the show this year which should make boat shoppers happy.
• The Allegheny Sport, Travel, and Outdoor Show to be held February 15-19 in Monroeville, Pa.
• And lastly, The Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo will be held March 16-18 at the state fairgrounds.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!