Submitted by our Reader’s Kitchen Week One Winner: Brenda Baker
- 1 large or 2 small bags of Mikesell’s Puffed Corn.
- 2 sticks of butter (not margarine)
- 1/2 cup white Karo Syrup,
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Place puffed corn in a large baking pan (I use a foil turkey pan as it’s deep enough to hold the puffed corn).
- In a mixing pan on top of the stove, add Karo Syrup, butter, and brown sugar. Mix well and bring to a boil stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Take off the stove and immediately add baking soda. Stir until mixture becomes foamy. Pour over the puffed corn mixing until coated.
- Bake in a 250 degree oven for 45 minutes stirring well every 15 minutes. When finished baking, pour onto wax paper to cool. When cooled, break into bite size pieces. Store in an airtight container.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!