Submitted by D.F. of Canton, Ohio
- 1 package (1-1/4 lb.) refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 14.5 oz. can seasoned tomatoes, diced & undrained
- 4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray 13x9x2″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook potatoes according to package directions, set aside.
- Combine beef, onion and garlic in Dutch Oven.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until beef is browned and crumbly and the onion is softened, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Add tomatoes to beef mixture.
- Cook, stirring frequently until mixture is bubbly and most of the juice is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spread cooked potatoes in the prepared pan.
- Spread beef mixture evenly over top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and top with bacon.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until heated through and the cheese is melted, 40 to 45 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!