- 12 eggs
- Red food coloring
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 large pimiento-stuffed olives, halved widthwise
- Place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Place in ice water until completely cooled.
- Gently crack eggs (do not peel).
- Fill a large bowl with hot water; add food coloring to tint water a dark red.
- Add eggs, making sure they are completely covered by water; let stand for 30 minutes. R
- Remove eggs from water; peel (eggs should have a veined appearance).
- Cut eggs in half widthwise; place yolks in a large bowl.
- Set whites aside.
- Mash yolks with a fork; stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- To make eggs stand better on serving plate, slice a small piece from the bottom of egg white halves.
- Stuff with yolk mixture.
- Place an olive half in the center of each to resemble an eyeball.
- Refrigerate until serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!