- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 teaspoon coursly ground black pepper
- 6 slices angel food cake (1 1/2-inch thick)
- Beat cream, 2 tablespoons of the sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gently stir in mascarpone cheese. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix remaining 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Stir in water and vinegar until well blended. Stir in blueberries. Stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and boil 1 minute. Pour into medium bowl to cool slightly. Add raspberries and pepper; toss gently to coat.
- Grill angel food cake slices over medium heat 45 to 60 seconds per side or until golden brown grill marks appear.
- To serve, spoon berry mixture over each slice of cake. Top with a dollop of whipped cream mixture.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!