Savory Sweet Potato Gratin with Pecans
- 3 lbs peeled sweet potatoes, sliced into thin half moons about 1/2″ thick
- 1 sweet onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 2 oz prosciutto or ham, thinly sliced then diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed to release more flavor
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed (or other light flavored) oil
- big pinch coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup Pecan Halves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sweet potatoes with onions, prosciutto or ham, rosemary, salt and pepper. Spoon into a large baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 400˚F oven, covered, for 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, remove foil and gently stir sweet potato mixture. Cook uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, nutmeg, chopped pecans and Parmesan cheese. Spoon evenly over sweet potatoes and bake for an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!