- 2 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 banana, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Ingredients for the Tropical Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger root
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prick sweet potatoes all over; bake on parchment paper–lined baking sheet for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Let cool completely; peel and chop.
- Add sweet potatoes, banana, celery, red pepper, raisins, cashews, cilantro and green onions to large bowl; toss with Tropical Vinaigrette.
Directions for the Tropical Vinaigrette:
- Whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, mustard, ginger, salt, pepper and chili powder.
Tip: Salad can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. Add banana just before serving.