Submitted by D. F. of Canton, Oh
- 2-3 c. All-Purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. warm milk (120-130°)
- 1 large egg
- 2 T. butter, softened
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 bars (2 oz. ea.)chopped white chocolate
- Combine 1-1/2 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt in large bowl.
- Add warm milk, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer set on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour until a soft dough forms.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top of dough.
- Cover and let rise until almost double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Punch the dough down.
- Knead knead the white chocolate into the dough.
- Shape dough into a loaf.
- Place in prepared pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat over to 350°.
- Bake until loaf is golden, 40-45 minutes; cool 30 minutes.
- Topping: 1 bar (2 oz.) white chocolate.
- For topping, place white chocolate in small microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH until melted, 30 seconds.
- Stir until smooth and drizzle over the loaf.
- Let stand until topping is set.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!