- 3 medium zucchini
- Zucchini innards, chopped
- ½ lb mushrooms, chopped
- Large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 bunch basil, parsley or other fresh herb, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups cottage cheese
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- A couple shakes Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out insides, leaving 1/4” rim so canoe stays intact.
- Sauté vegetables in butter (zucchini innards, mushrooms, onion, garlic).
- Mix together all ingredients with sautéed vegetables.
- Stuff the canoes generously.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve topped with extra grated cheese or sour cream.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!